Mommahood


Being a mom is the best thing that has happened to me. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t make me absolutely crazy sometimes!!

I’m a good mom. A damn good one. My kids have everything they need from clothes to love. Nobody makes me happier then my two boys. They fill up my heart, and make it explode sometimes! 

My oldest is 4, and just ended his first season of soccer. I was excited when it started, but when I was watching him play, it was the best thing ever!! The first time he scored a goal I was cheering soooo loud and literally cried! I was so proud and just so in love with a little boy who stole my heart at 16. It was just me and him for the first 2 years of his life, 3 unmarried.. and those were two amazing years. 

He challenges me every day. Good and bad. He lifts me up when I’m so down, so ready to be done. He’s one of the only ones who can actually do that. He’s my baby and will always be my baby!

My youngest is 7 months! (8 months tomorrow) and ALSO challenges me, but more bad then good.. he came out of the womb screaming and hasn’t stopped since! (No joke ask my momma) he has been such a hard baby! If he wasn’t so stinking cute I’d care more (;
But he has taught me a simple bing in life: they are only this little today. Tomorrow they will be another day older and before you know it, they won’t need you anymore. So even though he has been such a hard baby, I cherish and love every. Single. Day. 
I rock him to sleep every night and nap. I sing him songs and rub his back. I even love him when he’s up at 2 am screaming for no reason. He’s only my baby for a little while, and that just hurts my heart! 


It’s hard and challenging but so rewarding. No one will love you like your kids, and you won’t love anyone like your kids. It’s a special bond, and each kid has his/her own bond. 

Some days I’m ready to throw in the towel. I’m convinced I’m done having kids, and I don’t know why I even had them to begin with! It is so mentally draining. I mean, when you have a 4 year old who is your replica, talk back to you yell at you and never listen to you, THEN have a baby who just really likes to scream, has stomach issues making you change your diet, and has to be held almost 24/7, it really really gets to you. I tell my husband way too much that I’m loosing my mind! 

But then are the days where I’m filled with joy and love, where both kids (or at least one) is just being so good! 
Or nights when they are peacefully sleeping.
Or when their little faces are so lit up with joy, having the best time doing something simple, that you can’t help but fill up with joy.
Or when they walk up to you and tell you how beautiful or amazing you are out of nowhere. 
There are so many things they do that are good. You kinda just overlook the bad and love the good twice as much! The good makes you forget about the hard, trying times, and makes you want more little munchkins. 

So crazy. But so amazing.

My kids are my life. I honestly couldn’t imagine my life going any other way. They make me a better, kinder, more loving, more patient person every day. Even when I think I’m loosing my mind! 
Motherhood is an amazing thing. I mean, what else can make you lose your mind AND make your heart explode all while crying tears of joy!? 

Brycen + Tage: If I could only pick one thing in this life for you to know, it would be that I love you no matter what, and I will always be your #1. I love you both will ALL OF MY HEART. 

“There is a god up there, who heard my prayer, I was lost and afraid, and I had nowhere else to go. I had no clue what to do, then he sent me you.”


Sincerely, momma. 







The one who stole my heart and made me a mom



















Comments

Popular Posts