Dreams, Goals, + Never Giving Up



I overthink everything. I have since I was about 14. I worry about what people are thinking about me, if the clothes I'm wearing are good enough, or if I'm coming on to strong/ my personality for people. 

Everyone has been talking about Rachel Hollis. The author of Girl, Wash Your Face, and her new book: Girl, Stop Apologizing. 

I've ordered both books on Amazon, because for the last two weeks all I've done is screenshot ALL of her quotes. I'm sure you feel connected/like those were meant for you, but those were meant for me. (lol) (we can share). I feel so deeply. For so many people. But what I lack is self love. Self confidence. Self assurance. I try so hard every day to tell myself I'm enough. That I'm worthy of love from other people, AND myself. And as dumb as this may sound, quotes and music help. They give me something back inside of me. Hope. 

Right now there are two people who have helped me and they don't even know me. Lauren Daigle, and Rachel Hollis. One moves through music, the other through books. But both by words. They both have a way of moving people. Helping, encouraging, and pushing. Which is what they are doing for me. 

I have dreams and goals. But I always tell myself it won't ever happen. Why would someone give ME a chance. Especially where I live where everything I love to do is what all SAHM's try to do as hobbies. It's hard convincing yourself you belong among these women. It's hard telling yourself that you are different and bring something different to the table that the other women don't. 

So here is where I lay it all out. My number one dream is obviously being a superstar and singing on stage with my favorite singers. I mean, I've joked for years now that I'll be famous one day.  ;)

BUT in a VERY close second is dance. I knew when I started dancing in 7th grade that this was my thing. I'm good at it. I love it. It is my passion. 

EVERY single year since I moved up to northern Utah, I email all the dance and cheer coaches in a 50 mile radius of me. Asking if there are any openings, or any way I can help. Half the time I don't even get a response. Being a High school dance coach up here (and I'm sure everywhere) is hard. So honestly I started giving up. Looking for other methods/ things that I can do in place of dance. 

Two weeks ago I was reading Rachel's quotes. Listening to Lauren's songs. And I just got hit. I NEEDED to email everyone again. I needed to reach out and try again. So I did. I put myself out there again. I laid my career and explain all in an email and hoped for the best. 

And it worked. 

I got an interview. I got a phone call. And I got HR papers and orientation. 

I got a job as the assistant coach at Springville High. 

I've never been more excited for anything. THIS IS MY DREAM YALL. I'm getting paid to do what I love. To teach and encourage other girls. This seems so surreal. And I'm so excited. I can't wait to see where this leads me. I can't wait to start working. HERE WE GOOO




PS. I'm so not giving up on my house/renovating.
Dance coach by morning, house renovating by day.
and more dance in-between and and night lol. 



Comments

Popular Posts