Jeffrey Court Renovation Challenge:  WEEK ONE


YOU GUYS. The best thing has happened and I’m so excited to finally tell you all about it. A while ago I applied for the Jeffrey Court 6 week renovation challenge. And I got accepted! For the next 6 weeks you will watch as I totally renovate a room in my house. I will be competing against 10 other amazing DIY designers in the competition. Honestly, I’m just so excited to participate and I am so excited that Jeffrey court chose me to participate. 

For those that DONT know, Jeffrey court is a tile line and they are at Home Depot (my favorite store) and online. For this project they provided all of the tile! I picked it out from their online website and they sent it to my house. Easiest process and their website is very simple to maneuver and find what you’re looking for. They have an amazing selection.



For this project, I chose to renovate my master/shared bathroom. It is our only full bathroom in the house that my family, and guests who stay with us use! It hasn’t been touched since the house was built in 1982. Literally. It was GROOSSSSSSS. And I’m a firm believer in a single room can totally change your mood. And that specific room has always brought me down. I hate it. So I decided to totally gut it and start over! For fun, here are the before pictures:




So now for the fun part (not really, took forever, was so messy, and is Chip Gaines favorite day...)
DEMO DAYYYYYYY

Demo took me longer then I wanted. I started with the tile. I took a crow bar and mallet hammer and got it all out! That was honestly pretty easy because it’s so old and most of it came up in full pieces.

We then moved on to the vanity. We had to take out the sink first which meant unhooking the water and pee trap. We then moved to the cupboards. Took all of those off. Then moved on and took off the counter top. From there it was really easy to lift the vanity and throw it out.

Next we pulled out that FREAKING UGLY light and overhead bar. We just took a hammer and crow bar to it and it came out fairly simple.

The toilet came next and that was super simple. It is screwed to the floor so once you unhook those screws, don’t forget to turn the water off before you start, it will pop right off! Make sure to have some old towels you don’t care to get toilet water on nearby.

The tub was a challenge! Once we got the marble slabs off we had to unhook the water valves and unscrew the drain. The problem was the drain WOULD NOT unscrew. We are positive it was welded on lol. We knew we weren’t keeping the tub. It needed to be trashed. So we basically pried it off so we could get the tub out! 

Lastly for demo, the drywall. This was so messy and time consuming. I’m sure there are easy ways to do this, and we probably chose the hardest way possible, but we got it done! We started with a hole made by our crow bar, and just pulled/ripped it down from there! It made a huge mess, and filled up our truck.

So now we are down to the studs. Ready to start the design process and get things moving. This first week has honestly been stressful but so fun! I love that we get this opportunity and I’m so excited to see how my design comes together. 



Just an FYI: this is our only bathtub/shower lolololol so, until we can get a tub in here, this is how we have been showering. Hot water in a big nice chest with a sponge and soap




 You can click here to go to Jeffrey Courts website where you can read all about the renovation challenge and see what the other designers are up to!


You can also follow along on MY instagram!




















Comments

Popular Posts