Jeffrey Court Renovation Challenge: WEEK SIX

THE REVEAL

Ladies and gents this is the moment you’ve waited for. JK. It’s the moment I’ve waited for and I’m so excited it’s here and I can finally share the BATHROOM REVEAL. These last six weeks have been so incredibly fun, tiring, scary, challenging, and the best learning experience. Before this I had no experience in renovating a bathroom. Or honestly any room to this extent. This was our first big project in so many ways. And it sure pushed us past our comfort zones! But after this we can now say we did it. Successfully. And we walked away with an amazing bathroom that is more then we could have hoped for!

So let’s start by what we did this week.

We started with grout. My husband and his uncle grouted the walls and floor Wednesday night while I was sleeping haha. Buuuut grout was pretty simple and they knocked it out quickly! They started by mixing the grout we chose (sanded, platinum grout from Home Depot), and then they used a rubber trowel to push the grout into the places it needed to be! After you’ve put it where you want it, you need to have a wet sponge ready to wipe off the excess from the tile so you don’t end up with tons of dried grout on your new tile! I mean, we received this amazing, beautiful tile from Jeffrey Court. I want it to be perfect and we want to show as much of it as we could! It recommended waiting 48-72 hours for that to settle/fully cure. So that’s what we did! We didn’t touch the bathroom until Saturday. Saturday we got to install our vanity and our toilet! 

The vanity was custom made by my father in law! I told him exactly what I wanted and he had the fun (and stressful) job of trying to make my vision come to life! This bathroom is tiny. It had no storage before, and we don’t have any linen closets in this house. So I knew I needed a way bigger vanity. We went from a 30 something inch vanity, TO A 60 INCH VANITY. This made a HUGE difference. I also knew I wanted just 4 HUGE drawers. No cupboards. I wanted to be able to pull out my drawers and be able to see what I have. He drew up a plan that was exactly what I was looking for, and when I picked out the stain, and wood, he had it made within a couple days. I got my first look at the whole thing Saturday when he installed it and it’s safe to say it was love and first sight. He secured it to the wall and cut out the necessary holes for plumbing, and it was ready for the countertop.

This toilet.... it’s AMAZING. Just like the tub we got this toilet from Southwest Plumbing Supply. I honestly didn’t know what I wanted when it came to a toilet. But they had this toilet (their own brand and everything) and told me all it could do, and we knew we had to try it out! It’s an electric toilet, with a remote and everything. It’s crazy but also awesome at the same time. It had a built in bidet that cleans itself, led night night, automatic flushing, and so much more. It’s high tech to the max in the best ways. We’ve been using it every chance we get and it’s been so awesome. Especially for the in the middle of the night bathroom trips.. no light needed that blinds you, because the freaking toilet has it’s own light! Anyways. I could go on and on about this amazing toilet, but if you’re in the market for one, I HIGHLY recommend this one! 

After that was in we had the countertop installed! We went through a friend/business acquaintance of my father in laws. They work together in the matter of he builds the vanity and they do the counters. I went up to their shop in Salt Lake, and looked at their remnants. I picked out the most beautiful Quartz countertop. They came and installed it within 20 minutes. They put it on our vanity, cut out the hole for the drain and faucet right where I wanted, glued, sealed and cleaned up! They were awesome to work with and they gave us a great deal on the remnant! $600 less then what I was quoted by FOUR other companies.

Next came the finishing touches! Towel/hand towel rack, toilet paper holder, mirror, and decor! That all went quickly and got done in a day. 


Just for fun, here is what we came from:





And now it’s time. TIME TO REVEAL MY FINISHED PROJECT. I’m so excited and I hope you love it just as much as I do.





















Ahhh I can’t believe it’s over. This was the longest, most rewarding 6 weeks. As much fun as it was, we are so glad to be done and have our bathroom. 

And in other exciting news.......on day 4 of our renovation(clear back during week one), the Monday after our first big demo weekend, we found out.... that we are expecting! We will have a new babe joining our family in MAY 2020! We are soooo excited and can’t wait.



This added soooo much conflict into our renovation. (Lololol) I have all day sickness and it gets worse at night/debilitating. I’ve laid in bed after 6 PM most nights and watched my amazing husband work on the bathroom. He stepped up big time and took over my project and got us to the finish line! I’ve been sooooo sick and exhausted and doing this bathroom while early pregnant was so challenging mentally and physically. I wanted sooooo bad to be able to work with him and help him get things done, but when I moved I puked, and became even more sick. I had to stop working a lot to go get snacks or food. BUT, we made it through and not only do we have a new bathroom, we will have a new babe to love on. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for following along this 6 week journey. THANK YOU to Jeffrey Court for choosing us to participate, and being amazing to work with, and for the BEAUTIFUL tile. THANK YOU also to Southwest Plumbing Supply for donating our Bathtub and Toilet! We couldn’t have done this without you guys and we are so appreciative. 

For more DIY/Renovations in the future, be sure to follow along on my Instagram. For now, we are going to take a much-needed break and let this babe cook some more.

Now time to enjoy our brand new bathroom!!






 You can click here to go to Jeffrey Courts website where you can read all about the renovation challenge and see the other participants designs!

PLUS: It's time to VOTE! I'd love it if you would hop on over and vote for me. You can only vote once a week and we need all the votes we can get.

Since we are also partnered up with Homes.com, Here are the links to helpful things to know about you home:

Click here for a link all about checking yours homes worth!
Click here for a link all about selling your home!


You can also follow along on MY instagram!



LINKS TO TILE:

White glass wall tile: CLICK HERE

Shelves/ wood-looking tile: CLICK HERE

Black hexagon floor tile: CLICK HERE












Comments

Popular Posts